Vision and Priorities
The events of the past year have turned our world upside down and left us with a legacy we could not have predicted. But South Kesteven is a district full of promise and potential. It is home to innovative entrepreneurs and savvy start-ups; a base for global enterprise; and an inviting landscape perfectly situated in the heart of England. We have much to be proud of, and much to offer.
Our vision is to “be the best district in which to live, work, and visit".
High quality housing is essential for all and the council is committed to working with partners to provide this by:
- Offering the new homes that people need, at a price they can afford
- Ensuring new developments are in keeping with the character of South Kesteven and benefit the people who already live here
- Providing high quality homes and services to those who rent property from the council
Supporting communities to be healthy is particularly important, especially in light of the Covid-19 crisis, which is why SKDC is:
- Investing in the health of our district by improving leisure provision
- Working effectively with partners in the voluntary, private and public sectors for the benefit of communities
- Building on, and celebrating, the rich heritage and culture of the district